SEND Information

Rise Carr College – Pupil Referral Unit
Rise Carr College is a KS3 and KS4 PRU (Pupil Referral Unit) and can only be accessed via Darlington Local Authority and Darlington’s mainstream secondary schools. Our students have significant barriers to learning which can be classed as social, emotional and mental health difficulties, communication and interaction difficulties, physical difficulties or cognition and learning difficulties. All of our learners have either been permanently excluded or are at a high risk of permanent exclusion from mainstream school. Students are referred to Alternative Provision via the Vulnerable Pupil Panel (VPP).

Clifton House – Alternative Provision
Clifton House is an alternative provision as part of Rise Carr college, catering for KS2 and KS3 students, with an emphasis on PHSE and emotional wellbeing. Its purpose is to re-engage pupils with their education in order for them to successfully return to full time education in an appropriate setting for them. The aim for students is to develop self-regulation strategies, develop self confidence and self-esteem. There is supported and sustained transition from primary into secondary settings for KS2 students. Placements last for 12 weeks, although a placement can be longer or shorter depending on individual needs.

Clifton House can be accessed when the host school makes a referral to the VPP panel.
If a student has an EHCP, a host school can request a placement through the multi-agency panel process and request a temporary change in placement.

Eldon House – SEND Specialist Unit for Social, Emotional and Mental Health
As a part of our commitment to providing an inclusive and personalised education, we have a SEND specialist unit for a limited number of students with an Education Health Care Plan, where they have been identified as having more specific needs due to SEMH.

We aim to provide a range of support to enable all students to access the broad and balanced curriculum. Students access their curriculum mainly in small teaching groups; they may, however, take part in one-to-one sessions away from the main class. During these sessions, led by experienced, specialist staff, students will have the opportunity to develop emotional literacy, academic support, language and communication skills and social skills.

Pupils are allocated places at Eldon House through the Local Authority’s formal procedures which assess individual pupil needs. All students will have an Educational, Health and Care Plan (EHCP).

Rise Carr College supports students through a SEN profile or One Plan which details their Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND). Some students may require further support for their Special Educational Needs through an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP) which means the student may need a change of educational placement because:

  • Rise Carr College lacks necessary specialist resources to meet the student’s needs
  • Rise Carr College would be unsuitable for the age, ability, aptitude, vulnerability or SEN of the young
  • The attendance of the young person at Rise Carr College would be incompatible with the efficient
    education of other students

Privacy Policy

We regard your privacy as important and any personal information you give to us will be used in accordance with the Data Protection Act and the General Data Protection Regulations.

We do not store personal information about individuals who visit this site except where they provide contact information via our contact us page and contact forms available on various pages throughout the website.

Any information you provide will only be used for the reasons specified and it will not be shared with any third party without your consent, unless required by law.

Your contact details are kept securely and are only accessed by authorised members of staff as part of the provision of school services. If you do not wish us to keep this contact information please tell us.

This website uses Google Analytics which provides statistical data about the usage of the site. This information is not used to identify individuals, but is collected to provide us with an understanding of the areas of interest on our site and how our site is being used.

If you are connected to the internet you will have an IP Address. This may take the form of a figure, such as 333.333.22.1. The address will be automatically collected and logged as part of the connection of your computer to our web server and may be used to determine the total number of visits to each part of the site. This data is not collected and used for other purposes.

This website contains links to other websites. The School is not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites or organisations and recommends you consult the privacy information on those sites.

This policy will be reviewed and updated versions will be posted on the website.

If you have any questions about the use of your personal information, the Information Commissioner is the independent regulator for both Data Protection and Freedom of Information.