Covid 19 Update
Hello parents/ carers,
With the ever-changing guidance for COVID-19 can I clarify the current advice and actions that should be taken.
The main symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) are:
- a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
- a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you’ve noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
If you have any of the main symptoms of COVID-19, even if they’re mild:
- Get a PCR test (test that is sent to a lab) to check if you have COVID-19 as soon as possible.
- Stay at home and do not have visitors (self-isolate) until you get your test result – only leave your home to have a test.
More information is available here:
Lateral flow tests should be completed twice weekly (we are suggesting Wednesday and Sunday evening).
However, a negative LFT test does not guarantee that you do not have COVID-19. If you have symptoms, you must have a PCR test and isolate until negative PCR is confirmed.