Barnardos Tees Valley – Free ‘Child Criminal Exploitation’ webinar
Barnardos Tees Valley will be holding three webinars on Child Criminal Exploitation this month for parents and carers, that will enable participants to spot the signs of modern slavery, specifically child criminal exploitation (CCE.). The webinars will be presented by Sarah Pritchard, of Barnardo’s, police officers from the Complex Exploitation Team and Collette Devlin-Smith from Edge NE will provide crucial information on what exploitation looks like in Cleveland.
They will explain;
- What to look for if parents/carers are worried their child is being exploited and what they can do to keep their child as safe as possible.
- Gain an understanding about grooming techniques used by organised crime groups in Cleveland to lure children into criminal exploitation.
- Take a closer look at defining County Lines and consider the trauma children suffer at the hands of their exploiters.
- There will be clear guidance on what parents/carers need to do if you they are worried about a child – including how to access the right help at the right time.
Webinars take place on:
· Tuesday 9 March 7pm – 8pm
· Wednesday 17 March 7pm – 8pm
· Thursday 25 March 7pm – 8pm
Places on each course are strictly limited so early booking is advisable.