- This event has passed.
Supporting Your Child’s Sleep
October 20 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
About this event
A free workshop for parent carers in the Tees Valley area (covering the local authorities of Middlesborough, Darlington and Redcar & Cleveland).
It is common for all children to have sleep issues when they are young or at particular times in their lives, but it is more common for children with additional needs.
Following the disruption of the Covid-19 lockdown and summer period, there have been challenges for many children and their families around transitioning to new or changed routines or environments, or re-establishing routines and activities. This may have affected your child’s sleep in different ways and brought extra challenge around supporting their needs, and the wellbeing of yourself and your family.
This online workshop gives you the opportunity to:
• raise your awareness of the importance of sleep
• gain understanding of sleep processes and why sleep problems may occur
• explore some of the common issues
• examine possible causes and learn new strategies to support your child
• consider the effect on the whole family
• hear other parents’ experiences
• share as much or as little of your story as you wish
• explore how you can obtain further help and guidance if you need it
This event will be held on Zoom. We will give advice on how to use Zoom before the workshop is held, if you require this.
Please direct any enquiries relating to your booking to firstname.lastname@example.org
For further info and support from Contact, please email email@example.com or see www.contact.org.uk
We are committed to offering workshops that are accessible to the widest audience possible. If you have any accessibility needs regarding this workshop, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org as early as possible.